11/03/11 • By Milan Korčok
Question: With all of those insurance plans out there, how can you be sure you’re getting the best price? Answer: By doing what you would if you were buying a car: compare products from different insurers, make sure you’re comparing apples to apples and not oranges, and be realistic.
10/05/15 • By Milan Korcok
After a summer hiatus, I return to see that the value of the loonie (US$0.80 in June) against the U.S. dollar has plunged even further—to below US$0.76. And it looks as if its fade will continue. (Throughout, we quote official exchange rates. Actual rates differ, since the banks take their few pennies before you get yours.) Coming at the run-up to snowbird season, the drop is not good news. But predictions that Canadian snowbirds as well as even shorter-term travellers […]
6/26/15 • By Milan Korčok
Hurricane season is here again. And for the next four months we won’t start the day without checking the forecast. Fortunately, those forecasts usually give us some warning...
- Travel Insurers Embrace Visitors to Canada
- Will MERS Become Another SARS?
- How to Deal With Hospitals that Intrude on Your Vacation
- International Travellers: Please Register
- The Mexican Enigma: Popular but Dangerous
- Canada-Bound? Clear Your Trip and Your Travel Insurance