4/17/15 • By Milan Korčok
The British government has imposed a mandatory health surcharge program on temporary migrants and students from non-European countries that will allow them to access NHS health care services on the same basis as UK citizens. What does this mean for visitors?
4/07/15 • By Milan Korčok
Media reports about Canadian snowbirds being stranded in US hospitals for lack of acute care beds in their home province are not new. This is a chronic problem that shows no evidence of improvement any time soon as Canada continues to languish far behind most other industrialized nations in building up its inventory of acute care hospital beds...
4/02/15 • By Milan Korčok
The Jobs Originated through Launching Travel Act of 2013 (the JOLT Act), a bill that contains what many Canadian snowbirds refer to as the 240-day visa option, has been reintroduced in the new US Congress. But don't expect radical change overnight...
- Teach Your Doctor about Travel Insurance
- Warning for Snowbirds: Bringing Food from the US into Canada?
- Spring Break Rules for Canadians Fed Up with Snow
- Parents: Insure Your Kids for Spring Break
- Heed International Travel Warnings—But Don’t Stop Travelling
- Urgent Care Clinics are Coming to Snowbirds